What We Do
The Contact Centre
- Life-saving treatments
- Referrals to appropriate organisations, other intervention programs and social services
- Early identification of PTSD
- Readjustment support
- Respite breaks
- Support Sessions - now more than 10,000!
- Military Family Research
- Pensions advice
- Assistance with compensation claims
- Accomodation and housing advice
- Awareness and support
- Volunteering opportunities
- Fundraising & supermarket collection days - every pennypiece goes into treatment
- £10 pays for a confidential discussion, £15 pays for a therapy session, £25 keeps the Centre open for an hour
- Training sessions
- Family support
- CV and interview skills training
- Guidance for Veterans
- Assistance with service records and medal applications
- Free cookery demonstrations and tastings every Thursday at 10am
- Free tea or coffee for beneficiaries who drop-in
The General Dannatt Contact Centre is open to the public from 10am to 4pm, Tuesdays to Saturdays, and service personnel and families from all British Armed Services can pop-in for a free tea or coffee.
Our dedicated volunteers can provide a listening ear or assistance with compensation claims, pension advice, advice on housing and accommodation, service records and medal applications.
For those curious, we have our own dedicated client researcher who carries out military family research for beneficiaries interested in discovering their ancestry.
The charity is currently running free cooking demonstrations and tastings every Thursday from 10am. Everyone is welcome to participate in these sessions.
Our second facility, The Military Experience Day and Education Centre (MEDEC), provides an interactive experience for people interested in military history.
The facility is popular with both children and adults and offers a safe, hands-on shooting experience. To help promote the centenary, the MEDEC is featuring an interactive trench and First World War timeline.
The museum is manned by volunteers and funds raised go towards the early identification of PTSD.
In the winter months the MEDEC is open Saturdays from 10.00am – 3.00pm and Thursdays by prior appointment. Please note that days and times are due to change at other times of the year.